Spring is here! While you may be procrastinating on spring cleaning your home, you can’t neglect spring cleaning your business. Here are six easy tips to get organized and refresh your business:
- Update your social media and marketing strategies. If your marketing has been a little lackluster or your social media following has been stagnant, now is the perfect opportunity to give it a facelift (Forbes). You could put a little more time and money into marketing your practice in your community via direct mail, email, radio, etc. Also consider something new and engaging on social media. For example, run a contest on Facebook for a free one-hour massage to encourage likes, follows and shares.
- Re-evaluate staffing needs. Don’t go around firing everyone – unless that’s what you need to improve your business. However, it could be helpful to promote that employee that has been going the extra mile, or hire more employees to assist with the volume in your practice.
- Revisit your business plan. Just because your business seems fine or you’ve been able to adjust over time, doesn’t mean you should let your business plan get dusty (Forbes). Your business plan will keep you on track for meeting your goals and staying on budget. If you’re not following a business plan, you’re really putting your practice in jeopardy. Did you hear about this innovative business model that is allowing independent owners to treat less but make more?
- Consider long-term goals. As a busy private practice owner, it may be easy to lose sight of your long-term goals when you have so many daily goals to accomplish. Make sure you do something every day that will help you get closer to those bigger goals. If you’re unable to do that, then it’s time to sit down and go over your schedule and see what is taking up your valuable time. What can you do to free up more of your time to focus on long-term goals?
- Host a spring event. Host a fun open house, holiday party, health and wellness seminar—or whatever event fits your practice best—in order to boost patient and staff morale and boost marketing in your area (Mindbody). Events are a great way for you to show off your products and services and improve brand perception in an exciting, interactive way. You will likely see more referrals and patient visits after a successful event.
- Clean your clinic. Literally. It never hurts to go through all that old paperwork, desk drawers and storage closets and do a deep clean. Have a cleaning party with your whole team and assign each member an area to reorganize and clean. Your practice will look and feel better, and your mind will be decluttered too!